Get Your DCCCD Money Card
Starting next month, DCCCD will launch a new system for processing and distributing refunds and disbursements (such as financial aid funds) to students. With the help of Higher One, a financial services vendor, you’ll have more options for getting your money, and you’ll get it faster.
As a credit student, you’ll receive a MasterCard-branded card – the DCCCD Money Card – in the mail. The card will give you access to Higher One’s Web site. There, you’ll choose the method you prefer for receiving your money. You’ll have three options:
To make sure you get your money, here’s what you need to do:
- Deposit to a free Higher One checking account. The DCCCD Money Card then becomes a debit card for your account. Before choosing this option, visit http://www.DCCCDMoneyCard.com so you can learn how the card works, understand its benefits and find out how to avoid paying any fees. (With this option, you’ll get your money within one business day.)
- ACH deposit to another checking account of your choice (With this option, you’ll get your money within two to three business days.)
- Paper check mailed to your home (With this option, you’ll get your money in five to seven business days.)
Have questions? Contact your college’s Admissions/Registrar’s Office, Business Office or Financial Aid Office.
- Verify that DCCCD has your correct address through https://eConnect.dcccd.edu/moneycard and set up an activation word (login required). If the address listed is not correct, you’ll need to visit the Registrar’s Office at your primary college, which will require a photo ID and address verification documents. Check with your registrar to find out exactly what is required.
- When your DCCCD Money Card arrives in the mail, use your card to log in to and select your refund/disbursement preference at http://www.DCCCDMoneyCard.com. (Even if you don’t think you’ll need it, you must identify your refund/disbursement preference as soon as you receive the card in the mail. The reason: Any money that DCCCD owes you will be paid through your selected refund/disbursement preference. This includes financial aid disbursements, refunds, grants and any other payments you may be owed.)
- Keep your DCCCD Money Card and password safe, private and secure.
[PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION]